If government advice dictates and you feel comfortable allowing visits to your home then the social distancing guidelines must be adhered to.
We will have PPE in place we will ask that you do likewise and are happy to advise you accordingly.
1 – Valuation / Letting Appraisal of your home
- Prior to visiting your property, we will call to discuss the process
- We will carry out a desk or video call valuation and consultation
- We will offer advice to prepare for a home visit
2 – At the appointment
- Prior to the appointment, please clean the property and disinfect any main surfaces
- We will arrive punctually wearing PPE before inspecting your home.
- Please ensure all doors and cupboards are left open
3 – After the Appointment
- We will contact you via telephone or video call to discuss
- We will follow up in writing
4 – Viewings
Once you have instructed us, we will proceed as follows;
- Video Tour – For the time being, we will be replacing printed brochures with a video tour
Online Viewings –
- Virtual viewings – We are carrying these out via online streaming software, such as; Zoom, WhatsApp or Facebook live. You can elect to hold a virtual open viewing and/or by appointment. In both cases we will qualify each viewer ahead of the viewing before issuing login details..
5 – Actual Viewings
- Viewing strictly by appointment
- Social distancing enforced
- All doors within property open
- PPE worn by both vendor and viewer (Shoe covers, Face masks, Gloves &
- Door handles wiped before and after viewing
- Please allow an hour for each viewing
How will the Home Report and photoshoot takeplace?
Working closely with both our marketing company and the property surveyors, we have put the following safety procedures in place, to protect both you, the photographer, and the surveyor, on the day. These include:
- The photographer and surveyor will not make any physical contact (no handshaking) when they arrive at the property and will always remain 6-feet away from you.
- Please be ready to move some household items, as we have instructed both the photographers and surveyors not to touch people’s belongings.
- The photographer and surveyor will be wearing masks and disposable gloves throughout the visit.
By adhering to the guidelines above, we are confident that we can carry out both the photoshoot and home report safely.
Lettings Specific Information
1- Safety Certificates and Maintenance
- For new and current listings these will continue whilst adhering to the social distancing and safety guidelines.
2 – Move in and move outs
- We can complete all aspects of the move in and outs electronically.
3 – Inventories and Checkouts
- Inventories shall be completed 72 hours prior to the tenant move in date and checkouts will be completed 72 hours from when the tenants have vacated the property. Keys will be fully disinfected prior to all changeovers.
4 – Short term letting
- If you require short term letting between the sale of your property and purchase, our experienced team can assist.
Residential Conveyancing Specific Information
1 – Coming out of Lockdown
- We are able to provide a number of measures that will make the purchasing process as safe and easy as possible for our clients whilst adhering to current government restrictions and if need be all from your own home.
2 – Offering for properties
- We are open 7 days a week to discuss your property Buying questions and to make enquiries and offer for properties on your behalf.
- Our experienced team of Advisers are here to negotiate for you the best deal in the current market. We can advise clients on properties across Scotland on offering under the current circumstances and provide tailored advice particular to the market in the local area.
3 – Independent Mortgage Advice
- We can assist you in obtaining the best independent mortgage advice available. This can all be provided without you having to leave your home.
4 – Safe Provision of Identification Requirements
- As with any transaction we will require to verify your identity. This can be completed very easily via our secure online identification portal using your smartphone/pc or laptop.
5 – Meeting Your Solicitor and Signing of Documentation
- We offer safe face to face contact with our clients via video calling. We will post or email the relevant legal documents to you for signing. If required we can witness your signature via a video call.
6 – Removals
- The British Association of Removers and the Housing Secretary have issued guidance notes for both the industry and the consumer on how to move during times when the coronavirus is present. It was announced on 12th May 2020 that the home buying process can continue for all those involved in the process. We can assist in sourcing removal companies that are operating safely.
7 – Key Collection
- Key collection will likely be carried directly between the purchaser and seller using social distancing measures. We offer a delivery and collection key service.
WE STRIVE TO GET YOU INTO YOUR NEW HOME AS QUICKLY AND AS SAFELY AS POSSIBLE.
“From Julian dealing with our offers to Emma finalising everything Gilson Gray couldn’t have done anymore to help us in our first time buying experience. Even through a global pandemic (covid19) they still made sure our process was not effected and stress free. Kept up to date at every point and no question/query couldn’t be answered during this time. Myself and jade would like to thank all at Gilson Gray for all they’re hard work and dedication on our journey. Thank you!”
Absolutely Excellent service, especially as this was in the middle of the Covid Pandemic, would have no hesitation of using Gilson Gray again.
“I received fantastic help and support from the team at Gilson Gray. Siobhan made the purchase of our flat as smooth a transaction as possible. I would definitely use their services again and will be recommending them to my friends and colleagues.”
Melissa was great throughout the whole process and really helped me settle on the target day. Despite the challenges of covid-19 she really helped me get through this process.
“Paula was excellent from start to finish. We received updates regularly and talked us through everything step by step which was greatly appreciated as we are first time buyers. The COVID19
pandemic nearly stopped us getting our property but Paula was really reassuring and worked fast at getting everything sorted for us in a timely manner. Appreciate all the help and would definitely recommend Gilson Gray to anyone. Thanks!”
WE OFFER A SEVEN DAY SERVICE ON ESTATE AGENCY, LETTING AND FOR LEGAL REQUIREMENTS
Edinburgh 0131 516 5366 or email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org
East Lothian 01620 893481 email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org
Dundee 01382 549321 or email@example.com
Legal – Conveyancing
- Edinburgh/Glasgow/Dundee/East Lothian 0844 307 9041 or firstname.lastname@example.org