Corporate and commercial law, sometimes called company law, governs the day-to-day running of a business. From cradle to grave (or, to be exact, from incorporation to disposal), a business should comply with corporate law.
We advise on:
1. Incorporation and Business Services
This is the day-to-day legal mechanics of running a business. Our advice covers the regulatory aspects of setting up, running and growing a business. Our service includes:
- Incorporation, board minutes and shareholder resolutions
- Shareholder Agreements, and Shareholder Disputes
- Share issues
- Business Finance
- Directors’ appointments and resignations
- Board minutes
We also provide expert advice on company incorporation, taking into account business needs and tax issues when considering how best to structure a venture.
2. Company Secretarial Services
Businesses are subjected to increasing bureaucracy, with many varied forms to return to Companies House when key decisions are taken – often with silent deadlines and penalties for late submission.
We offer the professional maintenance of company books and records, and can act as the registered office.
3. Acquisitions and disposals
The purchase – or sale – of a business is a moment of critical importance. We advise on all aspects of share and asset purchases or sales, including:
- Due diligence and warranties
- Transaction finance
- Non-cash deals, including share swaps, MBOs and MBIs
We also have the financial knowledge and experience to structure a deal – working with other professional advisors where necessary – to ensure that it is tax efficient for all.
In addition, we advise on innovative transactions – such as EBTs and employee ownership – hive-ups/ hive-downs and restructuring.
4. Commercial Contracts
We have extensive experience advising on contracts of all types, and the commercial issues that come with them, including:
- Purchase and sale agreements
- Terms and conditions of business
- Service contracts
- HP / Lease / Credit agreements
- Intellectual Property Contracts
- Franchise Agreements
- Joint Venture Agreements
- Partnership/Limited Liability Partnership Agreements
- Building and Construction Contracts.
- Corporate Contracts
We also advise on the protection, exploitation and acquisition of Intellectual Property. We advise on:
- Data Protection
- Information Security and ISO 27000