Associates and Partner level candidates
The legal landscape is changing!
Tired of your traditional law firm? Feeling under valued and bored? So were we………that’s why we formed Gilson Gray, the largest new start full service law firm in Scottish history.
Since launch we have continued to grow in both Edinburgh and Glasgow.
We are therefore looking for senior candidates to join our business. If you are a Partner or Associate level individual, with a proven business development capability and portable client income, we would like to speak to you.
You must be driven and technically excellent in your chosen field. You must also be the type of person that others want to work with.
We run our business in a dynamic and inclusive manner. We do an excellent job for our clients. We have a culture of approachability. If that sounds like you, please get in touch.
We are currently looking for a Corporate Partner/Associate and Debt Recovery Partner/Associate.
If you are interested in joining one of the most progressive legal firms in Scotland, please email our Managing Partner, Glen Gilson, at email@example.com with a copy of your CV.
Residential Conveyancing Secretary – Edinburgh/Glasgow
Purpose: To provide secretarial services to the Residential Conveyancing Team
- To act as Secretary to a solicitor within the department
- To provide support to a solicitor and their immediate team
- To carry out any duties as required by solicitors within the department or as delegated with the approval of Head of Residential Conveyancing, by other team members
- To organise and maintain the Calendar of those in your team including arranging meetings in and out of office, conference calls, telephone calls
- To type digital dictation for the Glasgow/Edinburgh based members (and to provide cover for the Edinburgh/Glasgow based members, when required the Team
- To collate and inventory papers
- To scan and copy papers into the Document Management System
- To ensure filing (both electronic and hard copy) is kept up to date
- To draft correspondence and court documents, as required
- To communicate with clients by phone or email as requested by your line manager
- To carry out feeing processes for the Residential Conveyancing Team, including preparation of Time Statements
- Invoicing and the preparation of Outlay Only Invoices
- To carry out case reviews and action as required
- To add to and maintain the styles for the Residential Conveyancing Team
- To provide general support to other work colleagues as and when required
- To work under own initiative as and when required
This is not an exhaustive list but is designed to cover most normal duties required by job holder
Reporting to: The head of Residential Conveyancing
Solicitor within the department
Required Qualifications/Skills/Experience/Personal qualities:
- Experienced Legal Secretary
- Familiarity and knowledge of Residential Conveyancing
- Excellent organisational skills
- Excellent accuracy and computer skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office systems including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Familiarity and experience of operating Time Recording/Document Management/Case Management Systems
- Outgoing personality
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills by telephone and in person
- An ability to work proactively and under own initiative, when required
- Flexibility and adaptability
If you are interested in joining our conveyancing team, please email our Head of Department, Debbie McCathie, at firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy of your CV.